Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Horror Feast Continues

With the exception of Saturday, I've watched one to two horror films per day. While no one film has completely scared me, each film has had scenes that made me squirm, pissed me off and made me yell at the TV.  Here are my recent picks:

Thur Oct 16, 2014      Hellraiser     (1987)
I've seen the demon from Hellraiser on many occasions but never knew the story. It's about an unfaithful wife who finds that her lover is now a zombie that escaped from the underworld and now needs bodies to turn back into a human. All the while demons are tracking him. Of course the stupid unfaithful wife helps him by killing unsuspecting men. With a name like Hellraiser I expected more. I didn't recognize any of the actors.
Fri Oct 17, 2014     Alone in the Dark   (2005)
Christian Slater, Tara Reid, Stephen Dorff
This movie is based on a video game that I never heard of. Christian plays a paranormal detective that along with his girlfriend, played by Tara and ex co-worker played by Stephen investigate demons that were released into the world. From the amount of bullets wasted on trying to kill the demons you get the sense that it was a video game movie. Nothing exciting or unsuspecting in this one.
Sun Oct 19, 2014   Night of the Living Dead   (1968)
I went old school with this pick. Since it was from the 60's I was not expecting to be impressed. Boy ole boy was I wrong. I fell in love with the leading character Ben (Duane Jones).  In all the films I've watched in my lifetime, I've never found a character to be so mesmerizing. He was a total bad ass. He was a problem solver and took control. He walked and spoke with such confidence. The ending fucked my head up. Even though I saw it coming, I had the thought of "no, it wont happen" and then it did. Not cool at all. I was angry and heartbroken for several hours. This was a good one.
Occupant  (2011)
A young man's grandmother dies in a fabulous NYC rent controlled apartment. In order to inherit the existing lease he must confine himself to the apartment for twelve days. There is a weird ass doorman that even in the end of the movie, I didn't know what his role was in the demise of the young man. What the hell was happening? What killed his grandmother? What was in the hole? I hate movies that leave me with so many questions. I thought about for some time and I'm still confused. The ending was very bizarre and I didn't recognize any of the actors.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Betsy Hearts Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template