Saturday, November 01, 2014

Scared At Last

Since this was the last day of the challenge and it happened to be Halloween, I figured I would watch the movie in pitch darkness. I do not like being in the dark. Not only do I own a night light but I don't turn off the television until I can't keep my eyes open. So this was a big deal for me. In addition to the darkness my husband picked the movie which is one that I would have never picked because it involved kids. I don't like scary movies that involve children. Between the movie and the darkness, this was absolutely a challenge for me.     

As WWE wrestler Daniel Bryan famous chat goes "Yes, Yes, Yes" I have finally watched a film that scared me. It was "Mama". An uncle and his girlfriend get custody of his nieces and learn that they have a relationship with a spirit they call Mama. Not going to give any more details as this is a must watch. This movie was captivating from beginning to end. It had a scene that made me scream and it even scared my dogs. I don't remember ever watching a film that made me scream. There were also several scenes that made my heart race. It also pulled at my heart strings. I experienced all sorts of emotions with this film And as strange as this may sound I was elated to be frightened.  Out of all the films I watched this month, this was the winner. While I only watched 21 movies and the goal was 31, I'm thrilled with this challenge and how it ended. Now I'm off to decide this month's challenge.

1 comments:

  1. I was also pleasantly surprised at this movie. Its rare to find a scary movie that also gets you emotionally.

    ReplyDelete

 

Betsy Hearts Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template